Remote Pilot Licence (RePL) certified by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority
Requirement for a Remote Pilot Licence (RePL)
If you want to operate commercial drones in Australia, as an individual, you will need to obtain a Remote Pilot Licence (RePL). The Remote Pilot Licence (RePL) allows the holder to operate a drone commercially anywhere in Australia. The Remote Pilot Licence is perpetual and does not require renewal.
There are four distinct aircraft types:
|Fixed Wing||Multirotor||Helicopter||Powered Lift|
|Per aircraft type||Per aircraft type||per aircraft type||Per aircraft type|
Your Remote Pilot Licence (RePL) needs to include the aircraft type you wish to operate.
Why Aviassist is a great choice for Remote Pilot Licence (RePL) training
- Aviassist comes from an aviation background and has the experience necessary to ensure safe and efficient operations
- Aviassist is externally audited by SGS Australia
- Professional, experienced instructors, all holding both commercial pilot and remote pilot licenses
- 12 month access to the Aviassist online learning management system including support
- Industry leading aircraft
- Discount on industry leading electronic flight bag Avplan EFB
- Chief Remote Pilot mentor program
- All inclusive pricing
Training to obtain a Remote Pilot Licence (RePL)
Aviassist’s Remote Pilot Licence (RePL) training is designed to equip professionals in their field with a new tool to capture information/imagery in a safe and efficient manner. Competent delivery of training content is an important component of training but the ability to make a foreign concept simple while instilling some good aviation safety culture sets AviAssist apart.
Remote Pilot Licence training is conducted by aviation professionals with a piloted aircraft background and extensive experience. Instructors have been trained in best aerial acquisition techniques and content is delivered via a leading online learning management system. Ipads provided during the course are equipped with all the tools required for a thorough but enjoyable course.
Access to up to date course material is provided for 12 months with the ability to download an eBook at any time. Through the online learning management system support is provided to students post training.
Aviassist Remote Pilot Licence (RePL) training courses are conducted over 5 days Australia and include:
- Aeronautical Radio Operators Certificate
- All CASA Fees
- 12 months access to our online learning management system
The Remote Pilot Licence (RePL) course covers the following instructor-led subjects;
- Flight Rules and Air Law
- Design and components of Remotely Piloted Aircraft
- Use of Aviation Radio
- Automation and flight mode awareness
- Meteorology processes and aviation forecasts
- Ground Control Station operation
- Electric Motor systems and battery management
- Factors affecting aircraft performance
- Navigation charts, methods and systems
- Safety and risk mitigation in the aviation environment
- Aerial acquisition best practice
Training is conducted using the AviAssist fleet of DJI Phantom 4, DJI Matrice 600 Pro, and Sensefly Ebee aircraft
Your initial Remote Pilot Licence will see you licensed for Multirotor up to 25kg or Fixed Wing operations up to 7kg. Once you have obtained your initial Remote Pilot Licence (RePL), it can be amended to include other weight classes or aircraft types simply by completing an extra flying component.
Remote Pilot Licence (RePL) for existing flight crew
If you have a Private Pilot’s Licence theory pass or above your previous aviation experience is recognised. Our RPAS training for flight crew delivers the additional knowledge you require for professional commercial drone operations. This one/two day RPAS training course is approved and nationally accredited by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority.
What you require to gain a Remote Pilot Licence (RePL):
- Private Pilot Licence theory pass
- Type training certificate
- 5 hours on type
Requirement to operate under a Remote Operator Certificate (ReOC)
Once you have obtained your Remote Pilot Licence (RePL) you will be required to operate under Remote Operator Certificate (ReOC). You can use a pre-existing Remote Operator Certificate (ReOC) from your company or another company. Please find information on obtaining a Remote Operator Certificate (ReOC) here.