Learn how to create and submit Area Approval application packs for RPAS operations above 400 feet
Purpose of above 400ft approval training
Remotely Piloted Aircraft System (RPAS) operations greater than 400ft (120 metres) above ground level require an Area Approval from the Civil Aviation Safety. The above 400ft Area Approval permits RPAS operations above 400 feet in a pre-defined area with each location being assessed on its own merit. Above 400ft Area Approvals can be submitted for both controlled and non-controlled airspace.
What does the training involve?
This one-day training course guides you through the requirements for RPAS operations above 400 feet and application process including:
- Sample procedures for RPAS operations above 400 feet, CASA Operations Manual and Library
- Additional traffic considerations (VFR+IFR) when operating RPAS above 400 feet
- Risk Assessments for RPAS operations above 400 feet
- Civil Aviation Safety Authority above 400ft application process
- NOTAM creation
- Radio procedures for RPAS operations above 400 feet
- Emergency Response procedures
- Human Factors for RPAS operations above 400 feet
On completion of the training course, you will be able to apply for an Area Approval for operations above 400 feet anywhere in Australia. The training is conducted by one of Aviassist’s Senior RPAS specialists and costs $750 including GST. Courses are scheduled throughout the year as well as on-demand.
Prefer us to prepare the approval application for you
Aviassist has a wealth of experience in successfully applying for above 400 feet Area Approvals. Should you not have the time to learn about the process we would be pleased to submit an application on your behalf. Prices start from $2150 including the CASA application fee.