Learn how to create and submit approval application packs for RPAS operations Extended Visual Line of Sight (EVLOS)
Purpose of Extended Visual Line of Sight approval training
Operating Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS) outside of the visual line of sight of the Remote Pilot requires approval from the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA). The Extended Line of Sight (EVLOS) approval allows flight outside the Remote Pilot’s Visual Line of Sight by utilising trained observers. The EVLOS approval covers RPAS operations Australia Wide
What does the training involve?
The one-day training course guides you through the requirements for RPAS operations Extended Visual line of Sight and application process including:
- Sample procedures for RPAS operations Extended Visual Line of Sight (EVLOS), CASA Operations Manual and Library
- Additional traffic considerations (VFR+IFR) when operating Extended Visual Line of Sight
- Team co-ordination and Remote Pilot, Observer and Supervisory Pilot procedures
- Internal training requirements for EVLOS
- Risk Assessments for RPAS operations using EVLOS
- Civil Aviation Safety Authority EVLOS application process
- Radio procedures for RPAS operations using EVLOS
- Emergency Response procedures
- Human Factors for RPAS operations using EVLOS
On completion of the training course, you will be able to apply for an approval for operations Extended Visual Line of Sight anywhere in Australia. The training is conducted by one of Aviassist’s Senior RPAS specialists and costs $750 including GST. Courses are scheduled throughout the year as well as on-demand.
Prefer us to prepare the approval application for you
Aviassist has a wealth of experience in successfully applying for above Extended Visual Line of Sight approvals. Should you not have the time to learn about the process we would be pleased to submit an application on your behalf. Prices start from $5000 including the CASA application fee.